Insulated Garage Doors
Insulation is an important part of regulating your home’s temperature. Most homeowners have insulation in their attics and walls, but the garage is an often overlooked area.
If you live in a region that experiences extremely hot or cold temperatures, insulated garage doors are a great way to offset them – plus, they offer several benefits that homeowners may not even know about.
Need us to replace your spring? Call us 24/7 at 888-790-9360 or Schedule an Appointment.
Benefits of Insulated Garage Doors
An insulated garage door helps to regulate the temperature inside your garage, which makes the trip from your vehicle to your door much more pleasant during cold winters and hot summers.
Some of the perks of an insulated garage door include:
- Lower energy bills – Big fluctuations in temperature make it harder for your home’s temperature regulation system to work efficiently. That means your heating and air have to work overtime, resulting in a higher monthly electric bill. An insulated garage door can help offset those fluctuations and may save you money in the long run.
- Quieter operation – Insulation can also help reduce the amount of noise your garage door makes. In many cases, it muffles common garage door sounds like creaking and rattling. (Note that if your garage door is excessively noisy, it’s best to call a professional to come take a look.)
- Increased sturdiness – Insulated garage doors are often stronger and less susceptible to rust.
Types of Garage Door Insulation
The foam insulation polyurethane, which is frequently used in steel garage doors and occasionally used in some wooden garage doors, is injected between the skins of the door.
While this type of garage door insulation is typically pricier, it also offers the highest insulation value and protects homes from harsh temperatures.
Many garage doors use this material. Polystyrene insulation comes in panels with a vinyl or metal backing. In a two-layer garage door, the polystyrene panels are positioned between the layers, or behind a single-layer garage door.
Adding polystyrene insulation to the garage door is a great way to quiet its operation and increase energy efficiency.
Trusted Garage Door Services in the Chicagoland Area
At Precision, we know your time is valuable, so we make your appointment as efficient as possible.
- Contact our 24/7 call center and a Customer Service Agent will confirm your location and schedule an appointment with our technician.
- You receive a 2-hour window for the technician to arrive at your location.
- You will receive an email with a picture of the technician, their bio and a confirmation of the scheduled appointment.
- The technician will call approximately 30 minutes before they arrive confirming the appointment time.
- Once the technician arrives at your home, they will ring the doorbell or call, letting you know they have arrived.