Serving our Chicago community since 2000.
Why Choose Us? We Make It Easy.
- Your phone call is answered 24/7 by a LIVE operator.
- 25-point safety inspection and a full diagnostic test is completed before any work begins.
- Appointments are available when it is convenient for you, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Same-day service available when you call before 1p.m.
- Your garage door is fixed right! We use the highest quality parts and we back up our work with the industry’s best warranty.
Common Causes of Garage Door Opener Failure
Falling the balance test
Visibly broken spring
Door making loud noises
Garage Door won’t open
Stretched spring coils
Types of Garage Door Springs
There are two main spring systems — torsion springs and extension springs.
- Torsion springs are large springs mounted to a metal rod that runs parallel to the door. These springs require the use of cables and pulleys and are tensioned and they twist and coil whenever force is applied. Standard torsion springs generally have a 10,000-cycle lifespan.
- Extension springs are lighter springs that run perpendicular to the door and are mounted above the door tracks. Like torsion springs, extension springs also require cables and pulleys, as well as safety cables. These springs typically last between 5,000 and 10,000 cycles.
Why Choose Precision for Your Garage Door Spring Repair
In a 72-hour salt spray test performed by a third-party research company, only Precision’s Green Powder Coated Springs proved to be 100 percent resistant to corrosion. Precision installs a weather-resistant powder-coated spring to prevent corrosion and friction. We believe in our springs, so we put our name on them and we back them up with the industry’s best warranty.