Serving our Chicago community since 2000.
Why Choose Us? We Make It Easy.
- Your phone call is answered 24/7 by a LIVE operator.
- 25-point safety inspection and a full diagnostic test is completed before any work begins.
- Appointments are available when it is convenient for you, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Same-day service available when you call before 1p.m.
- Your garage door is fixed right! We use the highest quality parts and we back up our work with the industry’s best warranty.
Common Causes of Garage Door Opener Failure
Transmitter error or failure
Worn Cables or Tired Springs
Door dislodged from track
Sensitivity needs adjusting
Limit settings are off
Broken extension or torsion springs
Garage Door Opener Repair vs. Replacement
Many times when your garage door opener is not functioning properly it can be repaired.
Diagnosing and repairing your existing motor may be a less expensive option than replacing the unit. We often recommend garage door opener repair over replacement for this reason. We always maintain a full inventory of garage door opener parts on our trucks, so we can ordinarily repair it in a single visit.
Garage door openers, like most other technologies today, are changing rapidly to include features that make your life easier and more secure. You can count on your Precision technician to expertly inform you about the newest garage door openers and accessories available.
There are also times when we recommend replacement:
- If your garage door opener was manufactured prior to 1993, we recommend a replacement
- If a brand manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model
- If the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance. We typically recommend replacement
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacement is usually the only option
We Service All Major Brands
Why Choose Precision for Your Garage Door Opener Repair
At Precision Overhead Garage Door Service, we stand behind the quality of our parts, which is why we offer a 10-year warranty on our hardware. After completing a thorough 25 point-inspection, our garage door specialist will review your warranty options with you. If you have multiple issues and only decide to fix one, we will still provide you with a three-year warranty. If you opt to have all issues resolved, our team can provide you with a full 10 year warranty!