The garage door is the largest moving object in the home and often operated by automatic garage door openers. Keeping your family safe is dependent on this equipment working properly. Proper installation, operation, maintenance and testing are necessary to provide a safe, trouble-free garage door operation. An improperly adjusted garage door or automatic opener can exert deadly force when the door closes, which could lead to a serious injury.
Ensuring Safety For The Customers we Serve
Garage door openers are not toys. Careless operation and allowing children to play with or use garage door opener controls can lead to tragic results. Discuss garage door safety with your children. Contact with a moving door or its hardware could cause serious injury. These injuries can happen with garage doors that don’t have automatic openers too.
At Precision Garage Door Service, we want to ensure the safety for the customers we serve. Below are a few simple precautions that can protect your family and friends from potential harm, as well as a few safety and maintenance tips. It’s also important to refer to your garage door and opener’s manual for details specific to the model you own.
- DO NOT stand or walk under a moving door.
- Teach children to keep their hands and fingers clear of section joints, hinges, tracks, springs and other door parts.
- Take a few minutes to inspect and test your complete garage door system. Make monthly inspection and testing a part of your regular routine.
- DO NOT let children or adults play “beat the door.” It is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death. Become familiar in how to use the emergency release, in case someone is pinned by the door.
- DO NOT let children play with the transmitters or remote controls. Always place and store them out of the reach of children.
- The push button wall control should be out of the reach of children (at least five feet from the floor) and away from all moving parts. Mount the button where you can clearly see the moving garage door.
Precision Garage Door Service, serving greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana, is a full-service garage door company specializing in new garage door installation, garage door repair, replacement garage doors and repair of garage door openers.
Precision Garage Door Service provides the types of services one would expect from a locally-owned company, while ensuring the reliability and security of a national franchise company. Our slogan is “We Fix Garage Doors Right”™ and this singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair. The training program we provide for our expert technicians is second to none in the garage door industry.